Good day everyone- Austin here checking in with a new technical support guide. This time we'll focus on the issue of users losing their RoboForm toolbar in Internet Explorer.
Where Did RoboForm Go?
When working properly, the RoboForm toolbar will show along the top of your screen in Internet Explorer. However, when it fails to load, the cause can usually be traced back to one of the following reasons:
- IE settings being reverted back to defaults
- IE running in "Metro mode"
- "Disable add-ons" feature being activate
- Not running the most current version of RoboForm
Fortunately, these are all relatively easy fixes and following the steps below should take care of the problem.
Troubleshooting for Windows
1. The first step is always to ensure that you are running the latest version of RoboForm. It can be downloaded directly from www.RoboForm.com/download
2. Next, you want to be sure that RoboForm has not been disabled in IE. In the top menu in your browser, go to View > Toolbars and make sure that RoboForm has a check next to it. If you do not have the View option at the top, you can right-click on the gear icon on the upper right of the browser.
3a. If RoboForm still isn't showing up, go to Tools > Manage Add-ons or left-click the aforementioned gear in the upper right corner and select "Manage add-ons".
3b. Once you are in the add-ons menu, you will need to ensure that all options with the Publisher name ‘Siber Systems Inc’ are enabled. Do this by right clicking each of them and selecting "enable" from the popup prompt or by left clicking and selecting "enable" near the bottom right of the screen. Then select "Close".
4a. If that did not work, or if RoboForm wasn't on that list, go to Tools > Internet Options from the top menu or left click the gear and select Internet Options.
4b. From the next screen, select Advanced in the upper right and scroll down to ‘Browsing’. Under ‘Browsing’ ensure that ‘Enable third-party browser extensions’ is checked. Once checked, select Apply then Close and revisit step 3.
After going through these steps, your RoboForm toolbar should be appearing again. If it's not, please feel free to reach out to us through our email support system here
. Thanks and enjoy RoboForm!