RoboForm for Firefox
There are two versions of RoboForm for Firefox:
Full RoboForm Toolbar for Windows
By default, the latest version of RoboForm will work with the latest version of Firefox on Windows.
No additional xpi's are required and this version provides the best user experience.
(Works with Windows XP, Vista, Win7)
Troubleshooting and Frequently Asked Questions
Please read RoboForm ver 7 Firefox FAQ for troubleshooting and common issues.
RoboForm versions vs Firefox versions
RoboForm ver 7.5.0 and later have new Firefox Adapter that is
RoboForm ver 7.5 and later supports Firefox ver 5, 6, 7, 8 and so on.
RoboForm ver 7.5 and later does *not* support Firefox 3.
If you really need RoboForm to work in Firefox 3, use RoboForm ver 7.4.2. Please note that this particular Roboform ver 7.4.2 does not support Firefox 4 or higher.
RoboForm ver 6 supports only Firefox ver 3.
RoboForm for Mac supports Firefox now
Firefox users on MacOS should install new version of RoboForm for Mac.
It suports Firefox for Mac now.
RoboForm Lite Standalone Extension (recommended for Linux users)
RoboForm Lite is completely free.
|Identities||View, Delete, Fill, Rename|
|Safenotes||View, Delete, Rename|
RoboForm Lite News, updated June 22, 2011.
Ver 2.1.0 New Features and Changes:
* Create/Edit/Save of the Bookmarks was added.
* Edit of local Identities was added.
* Manual Save operation of the current document fields was added.
* Reset/Clear fields commands were added.
* Disjoint Logins/Bookmarks in UI (can be joined together in Options).
* Disjoint Identity/Contact in UI (context menu disjointed also).
Ver 2.1.0 Fixes:
* Fix Contacts cannot be added to main toolbar as Active Id.
* Show only available groups for Contacts.
* Add Note field for identity groups.
* Alphabetical order of the local files fix for Linux.
* Many UI fixes in dialogs for Linux.
Ver 2.0.0 New Features and Changes:
* Create/Save/Edit support added for Safenotes.
* Acttive Identity in main toolbar is now taken automatically from root folder.
* You can also set Active Identity manually via context menu for individual identity.
* Form Fill dialog added. Form fill from different instances of the group implemented.
* Session Timeout info dialog was added. Show non modal dialog (5 seconds).
* Create new Folder, Safenote dialog was added.
* Password Generator dialog: added *Special symbols in password* feature.
* Login dialog. Add indicator of the cookie settings of the Firefox browser.
* Add submenu for folder object in context menu (Add folder, Add safenote).
* Toolbar: added *grey* images for disable state of the toolbar.
* Icons for context menu changed similar to full Roboform version 7.
* Localization: Japanese was added. Russian and English localizations corrected.
* New graphical design for many dialogs.
Additional Full RoboForm Toolbar Information
RoboForm Installer Installs Adapter Automatically into Firefox
RoboForm installer automatically installs Adapter into Firefox 3.0 to 4.0.
If you check "Install Adapter that allows RoboForm to work in Firefox" box in RF installer.
|Browser Version||XPI file to use if not installed automatically|
|Firefox 3.0 to 4 beta X||roboform-firefox-3-4-frozen.xpi|
Turn off native browser password managers as they interfere with RoboForm: In Tools > Options > Security > Passwords uncheck Remember Passwords.
Alt+Click does not work in Firefox
Alt+Click key combination that forces AutoSave in RoboForm is used by Firefox to save page. So in Firefox use Alt+Shift+Click to force RoboForm AutoSave.
RoboForm2Go + Adapter
RoboForm2Go can attach to Firefox browser even if Adapter has not been previously installed into the browser. We recommend to uninstall XPI-based Adapters from all your new Mozilla-based browsers and use only installation from the RoboForm installer.
Adapter Tab in RoboForm Options
We added Adapter tab to RoboForm -> Options dialog. This tab shows all installed Firefox adapters. It allows to install and uninstall Firefox adapters. It also controls whether RoboForm can attach to Firefox if Adapter is not installed.
Portable Firefox + RoboForm2Go
Portable Firefox can be used from any portable drive without installing it on a computer.
- RoboForm2Go now integrates with Portable Firefox
- RoboForm2Go attaches toolbar to the bottom of the browser window
Size RoboForm Toolbar Using Toolbar Palette
RoboForm toolbar can occupy less than the whole line, if you use Toolbar Palette. Right-click Firefox File menu bar and select Customize. Scroll down the list to see RoboForm toolbar. Drag this RoboForm toolbar item to any Firefox toolbar. Click Done and RoboForm toolbar will occupy the designated space. Then close the native RoboForm toolbar, as you will not need it anymore.
Other Browsers based on Gecko Mozilla engine
The Seamonkey Browser requires an extension, known as an XPI, to integrate with RoboForm. You can download the proper XPI for your version in the list below: