Why should I sync my Logins with RoboForm Everywhere (Online) server?
There are several reasons:
- Maintain a backup of your Logins, in case of computer or disk failure.
- Keep Logins the same (in sync) on all your computers.
- Mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android) sync your Logins only via RoboForm Everywhere server.
Is RoboForm Everywhere the same as RoboForm Online?
Yes, they are.
RoboForm Online was a beta version of what has now become RoboForm Everywhere.
Your RoboForm Online account is the same as RoboForm Everywhere account.
Why is RoboForm Everywhere asking me for a User ID and Password?
RoboForm Everywhere synchronizes your RoboForm data with RoboForm Everywhere (Online) service.
Your RoboForm Everywhere UserID and Password identifies your account in RoboForm Everywhere service.
How does RoboForm Everywhere purchase and activation work?
1) You buy one RoboForm Everywhere license.
2) You activate RoboForm on all your computers from a purchased license.
Why do I need RoboForm Everywhere to use RoboForm on iPhone, iPad and Android?
New generation of mobile devices does not have desktop tethering,
the new thinking is that synchronization must be done over the air, wirelessly.
So you should install RoboForm on your desktop and sync Logins to RoboForm Online server.
Then you install RF for iPhone or Android on the device and sync it to our server.
Can I sync without Master Password?
No. When it comes to storing your Logins in Roboform Online service, we will not allow them to be stored unencrypted. And your Logins are encrypted by Master Password as a key, so you must have a Master Password.
Should my RoboForm Everywhere Password differ from Master Password?
In general we think it is more secure to have your RoboForm Everywhere Password differ from your Master Password,
but it is not required.
Your RoboForm Online UserID and Password allows anybody who knows them to gain access to your Login files. But the files are encrypted by Master Password.
So if an unauthorized person obtains your Logins from RoboForm Everywhere account, they still cannot open them because they do not know your Master Password.
Why does the RoboForm Sync setup ask for my Master Password?
RoboForm Sync setup creates special Login (passcard) named 'RoboForm Online Account'. This Login stores your RoboForm Everywhere credentials, so that you do not have to enter them for every sync. Your Master Password is required to open that Login, but it is never transmitted to the RoboForm Everywhere service, nor is it ever stored on our server, not even its hash.
How secure is RoboForm Everywhere?
All communications between the Roboform client and the RoboForm server are encrypted by SSL.
All your password-protected Logins and other RF data are additionally encrypted by your Master Password using AES encryption.
Your Master Password is not stored anywhere on the RoboForm Everywhere server (not even its hash) and our employees have no way of knowing it.
The RoboForm Everywhere servers are located in a secure, Tier 1 facility in Fairfax County, Virginia, United States. This facility has armed guards, backup generators and connections to multiple Internet backbones.
Do I have to buy Roboform Desktop license if I have RoboForm Everywhere license?
One RoboForm Everywhere license activates RoboForm on all your computers.
Can I activate RoboForm2Go from a RoboForm Everywhere license?
Yes, you can:
- Install the latest version of RoboForm2Go.
- Select RoboForm2Go -> Help -> Activate ...
- Enter your RoboForm Everywhere OrderID and Name and proceed to activate.
Are RoboForm Everywhere UserID and Password case-sensitive?
What triggers a RoboForm Everywhere Sync?
These events trigger Sync with RoboForm Everywhere:
- You login to RoboForm by entering Master Password.
- You change any RoboForm file (Login, Identity, Safenote).
- You click the SYNC button on the RoboForm toolbar.
Synchronization is automatic except if you synced Computer A to RoboForm Everywhere and went to Computer B where RoboForm is in logged in state already. In this case you should click the Sync button on the Computer B to force sync.
What happens when I try sync two RoboForm file sets that are substantially different?
When you perform initial sync of RoboForm data files on a computer where you never synced before,
it is likely that your RoboForm files will be different from RF files on the server.
If more than 10% of your RoboForm data files differ or if you sync for the first time then RoboForm will perform a Manual Sync, in which:
(1) RoboForm Analyzes differences between RF data on this computer and server.
(2) It presents these differences to you as a tree of changed files.
(3) You look through the file changes and change their directions, thus deciding who wins: a file from this computer or a file from the server.
(4) Note that if you reverse Copy of New File, it will become Delete of Existing File.
(5) Once you are happy with the edited changes, click Sync button and they will be performed.
How do I restore my Logins from RoboForm Everywhere?
Restoring your Logins and other RoboForm data to your computer
from RoboForm Everywhere requires that you don't have any RoboForm data stored on your computer,
or else it would turn into synchronization of bad data set on the client with the good data set on the server,
which would damage both.
So before you sync to a computer to restore, delete all files and folders inside the 'My Documents\My RoboForm Data' folder, but not the folder itself. If you delete only Login (Passcard) files and not the _gsdata_ folder inside RF data folder then RoboForm would think that you want to propagate deletion of all your Logins to the server.
Once the entire 'My RoboForm Data' folder has been removed, click SYNC button to get RF data from the server.
Can my RoboForm Everywhere license become disabled if I do not sync for long time?
No, starting with RoboForm ver 7.4.0. Licensing is done per computer or device now and synchronization is not required for license to be valid.
What happens if I forget my RoboForm Everywhere UserID or Password?
* RoboForm Everywhere UserID and Password are stored in login (passcard) named 'RoboForm Online Account'. Open this passcard in Roboform Editor and you will see your RF Everywhere UserID and Password.
* RoboForm Everywhere UserID and Password are case-sensitive, so be sure you enter a case-sensitive UserID and Password.
* If you used an accented or non-latin (ASCII-7) characters in the password,
then this password may be not accepted by RoboForm Sync.
* If you forget RoboForm Everywhere UserID, and you can properly identify yourself, you can request it in RoboForm Support System.
* If you forget your RoboForm Everywhere Password but still remember RF Everywhere UserID,
then you can request deletion of this RoboForm Everywhere account and then create a new account.
Security is our #1 priority and we take great measures to protect your data from being obtained by somebody who pretends to be you but is not you.
* And of course, if you forgot your Master Password.
nobody can recover it for you, because nobody knows it except you.
How do I create a new RoboForm Everywhere account, if I have forgotten my password for the old one?
* Select RoboForm -> Sync -> Settings.
* Select Setup a New RoboForm Everywhere account, click Next.
* Click Next one more time to confirm the change.
* Enter new account UserID and Password, click Next to proceed.
Do I have to use GoodSync to sync with RoboForm Everywhere server?
RoboForm Everywhere has its own built-in synchronizer to sync with RoboForm Everywhere.
So you do not need GoodSync, if you sync only RoboForm data only to your RoboForm Everywhere (Online) account.
If you want to sync your Logins to a location other than RoboForm Everywhere, you should get a GoodSync license (one per computer) in addition to RoboForm license.
How can I use GoodSync to sync with RoboForm Everywhere server?
It is possible to use RoboForm and
sync it with RoboForm Everywhere server using GoodSync program.
This is not the easiest way (RoboForm Everywhere is easier),
but it provides a greater degree of control:
- All synchronization can be made manually, with preview of changes.
- Syncs can be done on any schedule you wish using GoodSync automation.
- You can exclude individual RF files, folders or files by pattern from the sync.
- You can sync RoboForm data not only to RF Everywhere server,
but also to any SFTP, FTP, GSTP, S3 or NetShare server of your choice.
- Peer-to-peer syncing is available using new GoodSync ver 9 GSTP protocol.
How to sync RoboForm Data with RoboForm Everywhere server:
- Download GoodSync here: http://www.goodsync.com/
- Create a new GoodSync job and click Browse button on the right.
- Select WebDAV file system.
- Enter URL as https://online.roboform.com/users/userid where userid is your RF EW UserID.
- Enter the same UserID into the UserID field and RF Everywhere password into the Password field.
- Click Go button to verify the account access.
- Click OK to commit the changes.
- Click the left Browse button and enter RoboForm Data folder on local computer to sync with.
How many RoboForm Profiles am I able to sync with RoboForm Everywhere?
Each RoboForm Profile requires a separate RoboForm Everywhere account.
Starting with RoboForm ver 7.4.0 you can use more than one RoboForm Everywhere account, even on one RoboForm Everywhere or Desktop license.